Wondering how to pass a hair drug test? Getting yourself a job as a drug user isn’t a smooth process. From urine to blood and hair drug tests, all these are very stringent radars that might be hard to evade. Speaking of hair drug tests, there are a lot of solutions available online that sound overtly gimmicky.
All these products speak their own language and attract different kinds of clients. However, the results aren’t always pleasant. But if you need a serious job and have to go through thorough screenings, you’ll have to set up your game. The best way to do this is to ensure that the hair products you use are effective. To help narrow down your search, we have rounded up the best detox shampoos to pass a hair follicle drug test.
With these premium options, you’ll eliminate the hassle of buying overtly expensive hair detox products that will make your dream job slip through your hands. Detox shampoos are a staple for most drug users who are trying to get food to the table. They are as powerful as leaving your hair squeaky clean and help you pass a hair drug test in 24 hours.
This sounds incredible, right? How can you beat a hair follicle drug test that easily?
Let’s uncover more details and answer your most pertinent, personal questions.
Best Hair Detox Shampoos for Hair Drug Test
Pre-employment hair drug tests don’t have to be a threat to your career anymore with the invention of such potent detox shampoos as below. Let’s learn how to pass hair follicle drug tests with these great options so you can choose the best hair follicle detox shampoo for yourself:
Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo
Being one of the best hair follicle detox shampoos, Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo packs powerful ingredients that efficiently detach the toxins from the follicles. Being a tried-and-true shampoo, Old Style has efficiently worked for professional swimmers whose hair is constantly exposed to chlorine.
For a fact, chlorine is a stubborn component to remove, and not many regular shampoos can beat it. Some of the harshest shampoos may remove the chlorine but leave your hair in shambles. So, you want a shampoo that’s medically and chemically designed to combat tough contaminants while leaving your hair in good condition – Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo.
Ingredients of Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo
- Avocado oil
- Cocamide Dea
- Ceramide 3
- Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate
- Butyl Methozydivenzoyl Methane
- Guar hydroxypropyltrimonium
- Aloe barbadensis leaf juice
- Myristic acid
- Blue 1
- Palmitic axis
- Citric acid
The Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo has aloe vera components which are useful in leaving the hair moisturized and shiny. Aloe makes it a powerful detox hair shampoo for THC for its ability to go down through the follicles and break down and eliminate impurities. (THC is a psychoactive component of cannabis). Besides being a good detox shampoo, this product is a go-to for people living in highly polluted areas. This shampoo is also a healing balm for acne-prone scalps and oily body skin.
- Thoroughly breaks down and eliminates toxins
- Popularly used with Jerry J and Macujo methods
- Leaves a sweet, fresh scent on your hair
- Promotes hair health with avocado and aloe vera components
- Suitable for all hair types including 4C
- Repairs and rejuvenates hair growth
- Users may find it a bit expensive ($199.95) because of its powerful ingredients
- Hard toxins and chemical pollutants may not be broken down immediately
- May not be easily accessible to some nations across the world
TestClear sells its Old Style Aloe shampoo at $199.95. However, it mostly goes out as a combo pack with Zydot Ultra Clean Shampoo at $235.
Zydot Ultra Clean Shampoo
Zydot Ultra Clean Shampoo also ranks among the best hair follicle detox shampoos for drug tests. However, it is not only curated for passing drug tests. It’s also a premium solution for people suffering from the build-up of medication chemicals in their hair. The product comes in three small containers, one with the shampoo, another with the conditioner, and the last one with the purifier. TestClear, the company manufacturing them recommends using all three products in your wash routines to reap the most benefits.
The shampoo combines powerful ingredients that all work synergistically to rip off all the toxins without toning down your hair’s health. If you’re wondering how to pass a hair follicle drug test, then this product should be on your checklist.
- Aloe vera extract
- Tetrasodium EDTA
- Water aqueous
- Sodium PCA
- Cocamide DEA
- Citric Acid
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine
- Sodium Thiosulfate
- Sodium Chloride
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate
- DMDM Hydantoin
This drug detoxification hair shampoo targets your hair cuticle by breaking it open to remove any coatings or barriers. Meaning, you don’t have to worry about the constant application of hair styling products.
For its highly soluble components, the purifier goes into your hair shafts, breaking down and flushing out any drug or medication traces. After such rigorous action, the conditioner comes in to moisturize and rejuvenate your hair shafts.
How to Use Zydot Ultra Clean Shampoo
The process is broken down into 4 easy steps:
- Prepare lukewarm water and smear a small amount on your hair. Divide the shampoo packet into two and use one-half of it. Apply it to your wet hair and massage it into your scalp in circular motions. Do this for 10 minutes before rinsing it out with lukewarm water.
- Apply the whole packet of purifier to your hair, down to your scalp. Get a new wide-toothed comb and use it to detangle your hair. Let it rest on your hair for 10 minutes before rinsing it out.
- Take the remaining half of the shampoo and apply it to your hair, repeating step 1.
- Use the whole conditioner packet, massage it, and comb through it to remove the tangles. Let it rest for 3 minutes and rinse.
- Considered one of the most reliable detoxifying shampoos
- Short application procedure
- Contains reparative components like aloe vera
- Has a 2-month money-back guarantee
- Attracts positive reviews for its positive results
- A product from one of the most reliable manufacturers
- It’s a small package that suffices for one wash
- Relies on both the Macujo and Jerry J Method
Currently priced at $35.95
Nexxus Aloe Rid Shampoo
If you’re wondering how to pass a hair follicle drug test with a reliable shampoo, then Nexxus is it. Browsing “the best shampoo to pass hair follicle drug test reviews,” will give Nexxus as one of the first search results. People who apply tons of hair products daily can pick this premium shampoo for quick and hassle-free wash routines.
How to Use Nexxus Aloe Rid Shampoo
Nexxus is used along with regular shampoos. Being a one-step process, Nexxus comes after washing your hair with your regular shampoo, on your regular shower routine.
After using your regular shampoo and rinsing it out, apply the Nexxus shampoo to your hair and gently massage it in circular motions. After soaking it for a few minutes, rinse it out and apply your regular conditioner. Use a deep moisturizing conditioner that will effectively rejuvenate your strands.
Heavy drug users can combine Nexxus and other detox shampoos for faster results. Remember to wash your hair several times with this shampoo before going for drug tests. Nexxus shampoo is compatible with both Macujo and Jerry G Methods.
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate
- Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil
- Wheat Flour Lipids
- Ceramide 3
- Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride
- Tetrasodium EDTA
- Palmitic Acid
- Propylene Glycol
- Citric Acid
- Myristic Acid
The shampoo integrates an advanced microsphere technology for the gradual elimination of toxins and impurities from your hair. Such chemicals include:
- THC and other hard drugs
- Hair product build-up
- Hair dulling impurities
- Hard water minerals
- Environmental pollutants
- Effective hair detox shampoo for drug test
- Attracts a large online fan base
- The new version is more affordable
- The brand provides other reparative hair products for post-detox recovery
- Leaves your hair with a clean, sleek, and fresh appearance
- Has an easy, straightforward formula
- Relies on other detox shampoos
- You have to use it several times for positive results
- Not a great option for impromptu hair drug tests
High Voltage Detox Shampoo
The High Voltage Detox Shampoo is a versatile hair cleanser that works on a variety of hair types. The shampoo has a smooth consistency, combining agile components that break down any impurities and chemicals. Its cleaning technique is as detailed as penetrating your strands and scalp to eliminate minute drug traces and medicine. If you’re on the hunt for a hair detox shampoo for a drug test, then High Voltage is a reliable option.
How to Pass a Hair Follicle Drug Test Using High Voltage Detox Shampoo
- Abstain from any form of drugs for 2-3 days before going to the lab for the hair drug test. The earlier you stop, the easier it is for the shampoo to detox. However, things may not work the same for hard drugs like weed, cocaine, meth, etc.
- Be sure to have enough time in the morning of your drug test because the shampoo works in hours. Before applying it, give the shampoo bottle a good shake to blend all components.
- Start by using 0.5 ounces of the shampoo. Apply it to your strands and scalp before massaging it gently and rinsing out.
- Apply the remaining shampoo and continue giving your head a good massage.
- Let the shampoo rest on your hair for at least 30 minutes. Cover your hair with a shower cap so all the ingredients can marinate.
- Rinse the shampoo after 30 minutes and let your hair dry. Take stock of what goes into your hair. We recommend using a new comb and safe, regular hair products to avoid drug contamination. To be safe, source hair products from High Voltage’s official website.
- Cocamide DEA
- Sodium Thiosulfate
- Deionized Water
- Tetrasodium EDTA
- Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate
- Iodopropanyl Buylcarbomate
- Citric Acid
- It is very affordable
- It is an effective detox shampoo that gives desirable results
- Attracts positive reviews on major stores like Amazon and Reddit
- Has high-end, potent ingredients
- Is gentle on the scalp and hair strands
- Contains reparative components
- Might not give the best results like the Old Style Shampoo
- Relies on regular shampoos to remove grease and upper dirt coatings
What is a Hair Drug Test
Hair drug testing involves screening hair follicles for any traces of drugs of any form. After consuming drugs, they enter your bloodstream and start spreading to other parts of the body including the hair. Hence, drug testing helps to detect the consumption of various substances such as:
- Methamphetamine (meth)
Here’s What Happens During Drug Testing
- Hair collection process: The lab technician will use a scissor to cut 100-120 hair strands. To avoid creating bald spots, the technician may cut from different areas of your hair or get some from your body. Getting strands from your body is also preferred when you don’t have much hair on the head.
- Testing process: The strands will go through screening which will highlight any form of contamination. Before the test, the sample hair strands are washed to remove any dirt or impurities. Hence, the test assumes that any other contaminants could be drug residues. The strands then go through two more lab tests to give more reliable results. The first test is called ELISA and can give results in 24 hours. The second test, GC, is advanced, being able to detect 17 different drug types.
How Long Does THC Stay in Your Hair
THC is the psychoactive component of cannabis. It’s a short form of tetrahydrocannabinol. This component, once consumed, goes into your bloodstream, then to the liver, heart, muscles, vascular system, and lungs. The component will undergo metabolism in the liver and be broken down into more than 80 metabolites. The metabolites are stored in the body in the form of fatty tissue and spread all over the body, reaching your hair follicles.
Hair follicle drug test detection times for THC vary by a few factors discussed in the table below:
|Factor||Duration of THC in your hair|
|Type of user||The average weed smoker might have HTC in their strands for 90 days as well as light and occasional users. However, heavy weed smokers might not be free from this component even after 3 months.|
|Metabolism||This speaks to how fast your body can break down THC and flush it out of your body. A slower metabolism results in a slower breakdown of THC, which could make the component last longer in your system. Activities like workouts and staying hydrated will help increase your metabolism rate.|
|Hair Color||The darker the hair, the bigger the detection window because melanin (the dark pigmentation in hair) acts as one of the binding agents of THC.|
How to Pass a Hair Follicle Drug Test
Now that THC can stay in your hair for up to 3 months after your last usage, how to pass a hair follicle drug test can be a headscratcher. Regular shampoos don’t have the right chemical compositions to break down THC, and neither do detergents, bleach, or any other home remedies. So, you wonder how to pull it off right? However, with the right measures in place, it is still possible to pass through the testing period. Here’s how!
The Macujo Method
This is considered the most effective method of beating hair follicle drug tests. It is also popular for its straightforward formula and desirable results. It works for people who can’t quit weed three months before the test. You’ll follow a 7-step formula which can be done at home provided with the right equipment.
- Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo
- Zydot Ultra Clean Shampoo
- Natural vinegar
- Disposable rubber gloves
- Shower cap
- Deep cleansing exfoliating scrub
- Warm water
Abstain from taking weed for at least 24 hours before implementing this method
Use natural vinegar and lukewarm water to remove any dead cells on your scalp. Gently rub the water on your scalp, because the water is acidic. Remember it’s normal to feel some mild tingling effects. However, mind the length of the scrubs if your scalp is sensitive.
Use the exfoliating scrub to ensure all hair strands from the roots are soaked in the natural vinegar solution. Remember to do it gently. Let the solution rest on your hair for 30 minutes as you cover it with a shower cap.
Take off the shower cap and rinse out the vinegar scrub solution. Avoid using your combs as they may have some THC components stuck. Take out new ones instead.
Use the Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo to wash your hair. Rinse it and dry it with a new, clean towel.
Use regular detergents like Liquid Tide to wash your hair and rinse it using warm water. Wear goggles to prevent the soap from running down your eyes.
Use Zydot Ultra Clean Shampoo to wash your hair. Rinse it well using warm water and dry it. You also want to avoid using old hair towels.
Wondering how to pass hair follicle drug tests with this method? You have to repeat the procedure for 5 to 7 times, depending on the frequency of weed usage. Heavy users might need to do it 7 times. While it may be costly and time-consuming, it will be worth it.
Can you beat a hair follicle drug test?
Yes! The process of preparing yourself for a hair drug test as a weed user is often daunting and expensive. You have to get the most effective detox shampoos and follow stringent measures to avoid making the slightest mistakes. Since THC lasts in your hair follicles for about 3 months, you will need to get shampoos that are specifically designed to flush it out.
What happens if I don’t pass a hair follicle drug test?
This is considered a federal violation in different states of the USA. You will most likely lose the job you’re applying for and have a lawsuit to pay damages for. Depending on the state you’re in, your penalties can be harsher. Speaking of other countries, take time to research what could happen if you fail to pass a hair follicle drug test.
How long does marijuana stay in your hair follicles?
Studies state that THC is stored in your hair follicles for up to 3 months. This is regardless of how frequently you use it. However, the duration may be shorter for light and occasional users than for heavy users.
Is the Macujo Method reliable or dangerous?
Macujo Method is more reliable than dangerous. However, it is a rigorous process that might weaken your hair strands. So, be sure to take reparative measures after the test.
How do detox shampoos affect your hair?
Detox shampoos should only be used for detoxifying hard drugs and stubborn chemical build-up. This is because while they have natural ingredients that may not be too harsh for your hair, frequent use can tone down your hair’s health.
Detox shampoos are an integral part of your hair growth journey and also they reduce hair loss. They are carefully manufactured, combining only natural ingredients to help your hair break free from toxins and impurities in a natural way. As they are generally more expensive than regular shampoos, they are not always a go-to for many users.
However, they are important for restoring that squeaky-clean appearance of your hair. Also, they have reparative components that shield your strands from the rigorous action of some of the ingredients. Detox shampoos have also helped multiple users escape the harsh penalties of hard drug abuse. While the drug testing process is stringent, these shampoos have proven to be effective.